Wednesday, May 16

I believe in lifting up

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Everybody has good days, and everybody has bad days. Though I've been off gallivanting around Japan for the last few weeks, I still found myself, on occasion, fighting off bad days. I wrote the piece below to define what I'd like my outlook to be on life at all times.



 



--------------
I believe in lifting up

I believe in lifting up,
Don't believe in sitting down;
I believe in putting up,
Don't believe in sitting out;
I've found conscience of a thing
is the thing that us defines,
and in sentimental sting
is the sentiment divine;

And when laying out a plan,
plan out what you do out lay,
and in showing forth your hand
watch the words of what you say;
and in saying things of them,
find a wondrous pinch of charm,
and in criticizing sin,
never criticize to harm;
For your legacy will lend
all the future in a globe,
and it's harder since to mend
what a prideful heart has told;
And when arrogance takes hold
then in separation find
something bought is something sold
(in the oldest sort of rhyme)
Or in purchasing your fame,
what in turn do you release?
And in putting out your name
what's for sale, and what's for lease?
Writing off the damage, first
what is known, and what is wise?
Just depreciate your worth?
Or hold back to amortize?
What's the COG and ROI,
and from whom is this fame lent?
And in divvying your prize,
what is saved, and what is spent?
For your soul's that bit of pride
and should come at some great cost,
not to faceless faces lied
who've no care of what is lost;
'Ere be privy to your thought,
mind the strength of what you say;
Find the hope the hopeless sought
in the essence of the day;
And in finding it and then
may you hope and hope abide;
For when everything is when
will it always have your side.

04.19.12

No comments:

Post a Comment